300 HR Advanced Yoga Teacher Training
EXPLORE YOUR DHARMA
The writings of the Bhagavad Gita tell us:
“See the divine within yourself. Within everyone. And act accordingly.
Your actions will be effortlessly noble and will create happiness for you and those around you.”
(ABOUT OUR PROGRAM
The 300hr Yoga Teacher Training at the Lotus Pond in Tampa, Florida is the longest-running & most well-established yoga teacher training in the Tampa area. Our Master Teacher, Karin Stephan, has been teaching yoga for 45 years and was a pioneer in bringing Iyengar Yoga to the United States. Larissa Carlson, former Dean of Ayurveda at Kripalu and frequent contributor to Yoga Journal, also brings her exceptional teachings to The Lotus Pond. Along with our incredible teachers, we provide a welcoming atmosphere and beautiful sanctuary in North Tampa to deepen your journey.
Our program allows you to take your time and select workshops that support your yoga teaching path.
Once you receive your 200hr YTT Certification, you can sign up for the 300hr YTT Program. The 300hr certification is an additional credential as a yoga teacher and holds more weight when pursuing specialty positions and teaching workshops.
The lineage of The Lotus Pond 300hr YTT Program is inspired by the teachings of B.K.S. Iyengar and the Kripalu method. However, the variety offered in the 300hr program invites teachings of various lineages into our session: we offer annual workshops in Yin Yoga, Yoga for Seniors, Teaching Private Yoga Classes, the Business of Teaching Yoga, and more
Payments & Hours:
There is an initial registration fee of $50 to begin training at your own pace (take up to 4 years). Pay for each workshop as you sign up to attend, so you can pay as you go! As a student, you receive a 10% discount code for all Teacher Training Workshops.
You must complete 6 Required Sessions (complete list , each of which are offered annually at the Lotus Pond. In addition to the required workshops, you will need logged hours at accredited elective sessions and workshops to accrue the required contact 270 hours. The other 30 hours are non contact hours that are factored in with required readings, homework assignments, and handouts.
Accredited elective sessions and workshops are offered on a continuous basis all throughout the year.
Required Courses for 300 Hr Training:
- Meditation Unveiled with Val Spies + Manasa Kanithi - 18 Credits (offered in Spring)
- Advanced Asana with Master Teacher Karin Stephan - 14-15 Credits (offered Spring/Fall)
- Ayurveda and the Subtle Body with Larissa Carlson - 15 Credits (offered in Spring)
- Perspectives on Anatomy for Yoga with Anne Curtis + Dr. Jennifer Swaringen - 15 Credits (offered in Summer)
- Grow Your Yoga Business with Val Spies + Melissa Carroll - 20 Credits (offered in Summer)
- Pranayama Part 1 & 2 with Larissa Carlson - 27 Credits (offered in Fall) ** There is sometimes an opportunity to take Part 1 earlier in the year. Part 1 & 2 must be completed within 1 year from each other or else it Part 1 will need to be repeated.
**Yoga Alliance Accredited Online Trainings that we offer will count towards contact credit hours through June 30, 2020. Upon completion of the 270 contact hours, students pay a $35 completion fee paid upon graduation. You will receive your 300hr certificate from The Lotus Pond that qualifies you to register with Yoga Alliance as a 500RYT. This level of registration combines the completed 200 and 300hr trainings.
Take Your Time and Pay as You Go:
Take Your Time and Pay as You Go:
- Initial registration fee of $50.
- Complete your training at your own pace (You have up to 4 years, but you can finish in under 2 years).
- Must complete 6 Required Sessions, which are offered yearly at the Lotus Pond.
- To complete contact hours, choose from workshops offered all throughout the year. Sign up for workshops HERE
- 10% discount on all Teacher Training Workshops.
- Workshops will be offered on a continuous basis, watch for new additions throughout the year.
- $35 completion fee paid upon graduation.
- Register now and someone will reach out to you to finish the application process.
- Download and print a PDF of our upcoming schedule below