YOGA FOR BEGINNERS
New to Yoga?
Students trying yoga for the first time appreciate the friendly, welcoming atmosphere at The Lotus Pond. We make every effort to accommodate students of all levels, body types, and abilities.
Suggested classes for beginning students:
Introduction to Yoga – 4 Week Program
Tuesday nights, 7:30-8:30 pm, starting the first Tuesday of every month.
Cost: $55 for 4 weeks.
These classes, led by Val Spies, teach the basic postures of yoga and an introduction to breathwork and meditation. A comprehensive overview of the benefits of yoga postures is combined with detailed instruction on the standard postures that students will experience in class. A review of the class schedule and styles of yoga classes prepares students to feel comfortable in deciding which class will be right for them.
A Few tips: Before Class
Food and Water
- Bring water in a plastic or non-glass bottle.
- It’s best not to eat a heavy meal right before you do yoga. (You can have a light snack an hour or two before class, if needed.)
What to Bring
- Yoga Mat (if you have one). The Lotus Pond provides guest mats for class. You can purchase your own online and in major shopping centers and sporting good stores.
What to Wear
- Comfortable clothes, especially comfortable exercise pants or shorts. Avoid pants that don’t stretch, like jeans. Avoid baggy shirts that can slide up in basic poses like downward facing dog. Wear whatever kind of bra you prefer for exercise.
- What to leave outside the pratice room: your shoes, as yoga is practiced barefoot.
Beginners Class – Ongoing class, Saturdays, 10:30-11:45 am
Taught at a beginners level with clear instructions on how to move through yoga postures appropriate for every student.
See our full class schedule here